Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by inflamed veins which swell. It can be grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this problem can take over the counter medication, undertake a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for dealing with this condition.
- Other non-surgical treatments include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the particular medical practitioner would inject phenol or even quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the people referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested in order to defecate prior to injecting the actual sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment will be strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's effectiveness.
- The area to be handled is usually oiled and pain killer may be given.
The Sclerosants Must be Shot to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not completely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It's an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you and also drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is that the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The redness would subside fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body through the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to older people suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, treating liquids to the veins does not require much strength and excellent health.
Of Course, Virtually Any Treatment Have Their Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is actually taken care of. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It can't be used for very large swollen blood vessels or third degree piles, too. Aside from that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a chance for thrombus. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The situation may come back after a year or so.
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can't be administered to those who have some other inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To learn about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French visit http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com With regard to Italian go to http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
How To Treat HEMORRHOIDS At Home Quickly & Naturally Without Surgery
How To TREAT HEMORRHOIDS At Home Quickly Cure Hemorrhoids Without Surgery Naturally What Are Hemorrhoids? How to Treat Hemorrhoids Symptoms ...
For German Visit Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.