Schedule a Consultation There are numerous treatments that are available, which can effectively remove symptomatic hemorrhoids. While topical products may reduce the discomfort associated with this condition, they will not really remove the problem. If you are suffering from chronic hemorrhoids, you may need to go through a hemorrhoid removal procedure.
- These procedures can be performed right at a doctor's office or at a special clinic that deals with hemorrhoid removing.
- While most can be done on an outpatient basis, more serious surgeries may involve being admitted into a hospital.
- Let's look at all of the methods that can be used for hemorrhoid removal.
- Banding - This is a common process that has been used for many years.
- A small band is placed around the hemorrhoid very tightly.
- This cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid and it will begin to shrivel.
- After a few days, it will fall off as well as the sufferer can get on with the process of recovery.
- The procedure is virtually painless, and it is usually quite effective.
Hemorrhoids Symptoms - How to Know If You Have Hemorrhoids
http://www.lnk123.com/SHOa9 - The best way to get rid of hemorrhoids once and for all. I couldn't find anything better. Hi! I'm robo-Suzie and today I'll talk to you ...
Infrared Coagulation (IRC)
This technique uses infrared light, which is used to coagulate the small vessels found in a hemorrhoid, and so could be very useful in smaller as well as less severe cases. This is generally performed in an office or even an outpatient clinic, and is accompanied by minimal discomfort.
The unusual scenario when less invasive actions are inadequate to control a patient's symptoms, a surgical procedure may be needed. These are more included procedures, and are generally associated with more pain and disability, so they should be reserved for only the most serious cases. Make sure that you talk about the risks and benefits of these procedures with your physician prior to consenting to one of these surgical procedures.
Harmonic Scalpel Treatments
This kind of hemorrhoid removal utilizes a special scalpel that works with ultrasound examination waves. The actual scalpel is used in order to remove the hemorrhoid and the blood vessels are automatically cauterized. This is considered to be an almost bloodless procedure and is typically recommended for large hemorrhoids or even for those that are very painful.
How to prevent Hemorrhoids If you are struggling with hemorrhoids, be encouraged. While they are unpleasant, irritating and embarrassing, there are things that you can do to help prevent them. You can prevent them from staying, from coming back or perhaps from ever bothering...
This is very similar to harmonic scalpel treatments, but in this case, an actual laser beam is going to be targeted on the hemorrhoid. This kind of hemorrhoid removal is growing in popularity, and is quite effective. The laser beam automatically cauterizes the area, and the nerves are going to be sealed off as well. This technique may be accompanied by a bit less pain than the typical surgical hemorrhoidectomy.
Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy (PPH)
This technique utilizes a special stapling device that cuts through the involved vessels, and staples the tissue back together again. This also is associated with a bit less pain than a conventional hemorrhoidectomy, which is becoming more popular with many surgeons.
- Excising - An actual surgery of a hemorrhoid may be necessary..
- The hemorrhoid is cut away and the blood vessels are tied off.
- This procedure is a bit more painful than other types of hemorrhoid removal and the recovery time may be longer.
- However, it is very effective.
For those that need to seek hemorrhoid removing, it may be recommended to get a colon cancer screening (colonoscopy) as well. These types of studies can help a doctor determine if there is a fundamental cause for regular hemorrhoid flare ups.
Hilton is a marketer at weddeldirect.com, a web site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Last year, Hilton worked as a consultant for a health company. When he's not researching content, Hilton enjoys backpacking and rock climbing.