Hemorrhoid Facts And Treatments
The medical world a hemorrhoid is described as an enlarged or swollen vein. Hemorrhoids are somewhat similar to varicose veins that develop in the legs, except that hemorrhoids tend to be veins based in the anal sphincter. These types of veins cushion and protect the anal canal. Soreness and also problems occur when these problematic veins are stretched and tear under pressure.
Hemorrhoids really are a very common medical problem seen in both men and women, usually over the age of 30, generally suffering from hemorrhoids between the ages of 45 and 65 years old. It is estimated that more than a half million people seek treatment for symptomatic hemorrhoids each year in the United States. Of this half million hemorrhoid experiences, 10 to 20 percent will need surgical treatment.
- Most medical professionals blame the formation of hemorrhoids on prolonged sitting on the toilet and longterm straining due to constipation.
- Hemorrhoids are also very common during pregnancy, due to the strain from carrying the excess weight of the child.
- You may have problems with internal or external hemorrhoids.
- Generally internal hemorrhoids, which are located higher up in the rectum are not painful, but you will see bleeding.
- Hemorrhoids will bleed vibrant red blood due to their abundance of arterial blood, which is different from the dark blood in your venous system.
- At times a hemorrhoid will protrude from the anal canal.
- Usually these hemorrhoids, which are called prolapsed, can be gently pressed back inside.
- If not, a consultation with a specialist is necessary.
External hemorrhoids are the ones that are itchy and painful and really not comfortable. If you go through external hemorrhoids you will see bright red blood on the toilet paper, or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement.
There are Ways to Alleviate the Discomfort of Hemorrhoids
A sitz bath can help to relieve the discomfort of hemorrhoids. It is suggested that you sit in a tub of warm water for fifteen minutes several times a day. When you wipe, instead of toilet paper make use of pads soaked with witch hazel. You can purchase these pads at any drug store. Application of any of the numerous over-the-counter hemorrhoid preparations will help to relieve the discomfort and itching.
http://howtogetridofhemorrhoidstips.com/hemorrhoid-bleeding/ Hemorrhoid bleeding: How much is normal? The main symptom of hemorrhoids, both internal ...
Prolonged Periods of Both Standing, or Sitting can Aggravate Hemorrhoids
Straining when you have a bowel movement is one of the chief reasons for them, and will certainly make them worse and even more agonizing. Don't do it. The cause of constipation may be not enough fiber in your diet. Take a fiber supplement.
Any Rectal Bleeding of Any Kind Should be Checked by Your Physician.
About the author:This article courtesy of http://www.hemorrhoid-answers.com.
Hilton is a marketer at weddeldirect.com, a web site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Last year, Hilton worked as a consultant for a health company. When he's not researching content, Hilton enjoys backpacking and rock climbing.