A Pain in the Butt - Hemorrhoids
What are hemorrhoids and what do I have to do to relieve the discomfort? They are also known as piles and they are caused from too much pressure on the anal veins that can result in either external or internal hemorrhoids.
- Internal hemorrhoids have no lump outside the anal area that can be seen.
- While external hemorrhoids can be easier to see they can also be the most painful.
- There are many people in the world who are afflicted by hemorrhoids and mostly exist in people over the age of fifty.
- There are many ways to deal with hemorrhoids but one of the simplest techniques is the sitz bath.
- A sitz shower can actually experience again a few of the discomfort and reduce the inflammation.
What is a sitz bath? It's really a bath where you sit in warm water that covers your own buttocks and hips. The idea is that sitting in the warm water will help more blood to reach the anal area which can promote healing and also help with any discomfort from the hemorrhoids. It is a kind of hydrotherapy or water remedy for hemorrhoids.
You can Actually Buy a Sitz Bath Which is a Plastic Bath that Fits Over a Toilet
However, using your bath tub is most likely the simplest way to have a sitz bath. Fill up your bath with warm water. You want it warm enough to be comfortable but not too hot. Again, the water needs to cover your buttocks and hips and it is recommended that you partially sleep the night rather than sit in the tub to relieve any pressure on the anal region.
You May Also Want to Add Some Aromatherapy Oils to the Water to Help You Relax
Choose your favorite oil but using Lavender, Melissa or Valerian Oil make for a great calming bath. Another good choice is adding epsom salts to the water which can be recommended by many practitioners. Epsom salts helps to draw toxins out of the body, lowers swelling and relaxes muscles. As well, epsom salt is also known for helping to relieve swelling and pain. Epsom salts can be purchased from most drug stores.
Yoga Poses & Exercises : Yoga Poses for Hemorrhoids
Yoga poses can help to promote circulation to relieve the symptoms of hemorrhoids. Ease your hemorrhoid symptoms with the help of a certified yoga instructor ...
- You will want to be in the bath for about 20 to 30 units several times a week to promote healing.
- When you get out of the shower you will want to use a clean, cotton towel to dry the area.
- Make sure you don't rub but pat the area dry with the towel.
- If you like you can also let the area atmosphere dry which some practitioners recommend so you aren't causing any stress to the area again.
- You looking for a natural and effective remedy for hemorrhoids?
- What have you got to lose?
- There are techniques that offer natural remedies without painful procedures and side effects realistically work.
- You will like the results but more importantly you will love how your body feels.
For more details on natural remedies for hemorrhoids, get more information at Tips for Hemorrhoid Settlement.
Hilton is a marketer at weddeldirect.com, a web site about health, lifestyle and fitness. Last year, Hilton worked as a consultant for a health company. When he's not researching content, Hilton enjoys backpacking and rock climbing.